June 9, 2009

Lena's new bone smells so raunchy...

Just learning as much as I can on canning for this weekend! Tom and I will be picking strawberries and making jam all day on Saturday at his parents house and I am very excited! We are going to be able to borrow the water bath contraption that is needed from one of Patty's friends and then we will just need to buy the jars and the ingredients. I just got off the phone with Patty and she said all of our vegetables have sprouted except for my heirloom tomatoes...BUT I trust they will sprout soon! By August we hope to know enough about canning to can homemade pasta sauce, pizza sauce, and salsa. I can't wait. I also want to try blackberry jam if all works out well with the strawberry. There is just something so satisfying about being able to store your own food and I am very thankful to try while spending time with family.
No luck with teaching jobs, but I am still diligently applying to districts. I hope I hear from someone this month. Also no summer work yet. I REALLY want this dog walking position I applied for, but we'll see. Tomorrow is a whole new day.
Other than the canning, I have been knitting like a crazy woman...getting ready for a friend's bachelorette get-together that I am very much looking forward to. I know that all of Jessie's planning will result in a great time with some of my favorite people! Can't wait! I also can't wait for the Blues Festival this weekend. SO many great musicians and all for FREE! Nothing beats summertime in Chicago!

No comments: