July 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday!


Ok, so I have loved the results so far of planning our dinners for the coming week and then shopping with the plan in mind! So, I am planning again! Here's what we are having for dinner this week. If you need dinner ideas, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie. She has excellent ideas and links to others with excellent ideas :)

Monday: Leftovers! We had so much great food at our cookout on Saturday: Grilled Zucchini, Burgers, Baked Macaroni and Cheese, and Lemony Chickpea and Zucchini Salad

Tuesday: Grilled Chicken (from cookout) and Zucchini Pasta (thanks Joy in My Kitchen!)

Wednesday: Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi and Asparagus

*This is my first time cooking Mahi Mahi. Usually we buy Tilapia, but Tom wanted to try these so I am all for it! This recipe seems to be pretty simple. The only thing I had to buy that I didn't already have was a piece of ginger root, which costs next to nothing. We'll see!

Thursday: Chicken and Veggie Quesadillas

Friday: Spicy Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries.

*If using the sweet potato fries recipe, I skip the microwave step and just cook longer in the oven to get them to crisp up. I have tried it in the microwave and found it to be a hassle (I also avoid microwaves whenever possible).

Saturday: We'll be traveling to Indy to meet up with friends and so that I can attend a friend's bridal shower...don't know when we'll be back! :)


-Sarah

No comments: