August 17, 2009

Lovely Monday

Lena and I attempted a run this morning and after only 1 minute the clouds literally parted and poured bucketfuls of rain on us...thankfully we were not far from where we left and made it back before the lightening and thunder began. It was SO funny though. It happened AS SOON AS we started and I all I could do was laugh and run with my buddy :) We were sopping wet even in just that short amount of time.

The rain cleared and guess what?! I am no longer motivated to run today...I mean I already cleaned up, put on my makeup, did my hair, etc. Excuses, excuses. I did get in quite a workout though, weeding and tilling the garden and planting three new rows of green beans, two rows of lettuce, and I am about to plant some more cantaloupe...it can't hurt to give it one more try.

I also made Zucchini Soup for lunch for my father-in-law and husband. We are over at their houses. Tom is working and I am doing laundry! I just LOVE doing laundry when it isn't at Bubbleland (the name makes it sound fun, but laundry mats are laundry mats).

Ok, so here are the meals I've planned for the week:

Monday: Chicken Tacos, Homemade Wheat Tortillas (thanks to Joy in My Kitchen it is my favorite!), and Chips with Queso


Wednesday: Leftover Zucchini Soup with Cheese Quesadillas

Thursday: Zucchini Spaghetti with homemade garlic bread and garden salad

Friday: Tahitian Stir-Fry with Jasmine Rice

You can find more wonderful recipes at HERE!




No comments: