May 23, 2010

Peanut Butter--Yum!


I made some peanut butter today using a recipe from the Food Network. I made a slight adjustment or two (instead of using peanut oil, I used olive oil and then added a tiny bit of sesame oil, which I am not sure if it really made a difference, but it tastes delicious either way). I am looking forward to a PB and strawberry jam sandwich on homemade wheat bread for lunch tomorrow!

I truly get SO much satisfaction and joy through cooking. I am so happy to have the extra time to do so...now, if I can just make time next school year.

Ok, so here is the recipe that I adapted from Alton Brown of the Food Network:

Ingredients

  • 15 ounces shelled, unsalted peanuts
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • A touch of sesame oil

Directions

Place the peanuts, salt and honey into the food processor. Process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Place the lid back on and continue to process while slowly drizzling in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Place the peanut butter in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.

1 comment:

Jessica Townsend said...

TIME FOR AN UPDATE! i miss you... love love, jess