May 26, 2008

JOY

"I shall ask into my shell only those friends with whom I can be completely honest. I find I am shedding hypocrisy in human relationships. What a rest that will be! The most exhausting thing in life, I have discovered, is being insincere. That is why so much of social life is exhausting; one is wearing a mask. I have shed my mask.
--Anne Morrow Lindbergh from Gift From The Sea

I have one big assignment this week, one test this week, one big test next week, I have all the end-0f-the year responsibilities with my classroom, and then I can breathe! My mom and grandma are coming to visit in 2 weeks and I am so insanely excited!! This is the first time they have come to see us and I can't wait to show them around the city. Then, after they leave, we are going to Bonnaroo! Then, the next week, Tom and I are driving to New Mexico for a week! My sister and I walked around the Lake and the city yesterday. It was such a beautiful day with all the sailboats and people out. I am SO happy for warmer weather...I just love Chicago in the summer. Now, I am off to repot some plants that I bought on Saturday at the Farmer's Market in Oak Park, another thing I'm excited about (Saturday was the first day of the new season). I bought a cilantro plant, french lavender, and catnip. Next time I will buy basil and oregano to go with the rosemary plant I have in the kitchen. The basil I had from last year suddenly died on me and I can not survive without fresh basil to cook with. Well, that's it for now.

No comments: