April 6, 2010





I just have to share how much I am loving these two products by Burt's Bees. I have slowly been making a change with my beauty products and makeup to natural and/or organic. I say slowly because I decided that I would not throw out anything that I already have in order to make the switch. It is kind of nice this way because as I have run out of different things at different times, so I can slowly look into products and read reviews.

First to go was my makeup. So far, I am really happy with Physician's Formula organic powder. I went with it strictly due to it being cheaper than other mineral makeups, but I have to say I like it. I am interested to see how it holds up as the weather gets hotter...we'll see! So, I have recently ran out of facial cleanser and have to say again how happy I am with these two products by Burt's Bees! On accident, I got some of the first cleanser in my mouth and it actually tasted really good! The exfoliant I think will last me much longer. It has crushed up almonds, oats, orange peel, and other really great ingredients. I will use both sparingly, but the price is really not that bad! In another month or so I will be out of facial moisturizer. I am trying to decide if I should just stick with Burt's Bees or shop around.

I am really enjoying the switch. I also will say that all of this is possible due to Tom and I setting up our budget. We meet once at the end of the month to discuss our finances and talk through the coming month. This is only our second month doing this, but I feel so much freedom and joy. We tried to have a budget when we first got married, but I don't think either of us were ready, for whatever reason. Now, we are setting up our budget using a lot of really wonderful principles by Dave Ramsey. If you are not familiar with him, I definitely recommend hearing out his ideas. Tom has read his books, but I prefer to listen to the podcasts whenever we are traveling. When it comes to our finances, I am the "free spirit" and Tom is the "nerd," so I do not like to spend a ton of my free time reading up on stuff like this. I am so glad I have a husband who enjoys this sort of thing. After two months, though, I have already seen so many benefits from this plan and am totally on board.

Okay, time to go and watch Julie and Julia for a second time. Tomorrow I have big cooking, baking, and organizing plans!!!


No comments: